Coolant Leak!

happyseal

Hi guys,

I recently picked up a used Techno 250 (1997). I ran for a few hours last month and at the end of the ride I heard gurgeling in the coolant system. Check the fan and it was working. I topped off the coolant and rode today for about an hour and I saw smoke and smelled antifreeze. Upon inspection it appeared the coolant was coming out the threads of the spark plug and head cover.

Any advise is greatly appreciated for I do not know much about these 2 stroke engines!

Thanks.

You have over filled the tank and it was now pushing out to correct the level. I believe if you look there is a lower line in the tank. That is the proper level, if you add more it will push out.

You need to watch that the fan is coming on when hot. Or just take both wires off the thermostat and wire together which will cause the fan to always run. The gurgeling sound usually means it has overheated. Just need to figure out why. The fan and/or the thermo is usually at fault.

Edited by lineaway

You have over filled the tank and it was now pushing out to correct the level. I believe if you look there is a lower line in the tank. That is the proper level, if you add more it will push out.

You need to watch that the fan is coming on when hot. Or just take both wires off the thermostat and wire together which will cause the fan to always run. The gurgeling sound usually means it has overheated. Just need to figure out why. The fan and/or the thermo is usually at fault.

The fan and sensor seem to work. I did over fill it now that you mention it. Looked like the coolant was coming out the spark plug threads??????????? you think it was coming from above?