Flywheel Removal

cmc84

How can I get my flywheel off without having to take the bike to the shop?

I've got a 2 arm puller somewhere in the garage, would that do it?

Gonna stick on a new condenser and points tomorrow, see if that gets her running a bit better...

How can I get my flywheel off without having to take the bike to the shop?

I've got a 2 arm puller somewhere in the garage, would that do it?

Gonna stick on a new condenser and points tomorrow, see if that gets her running a bit better...

hi the flyweels arnt easy to remove if you havant got the right tool. not sure about the to arm puller but ud be beter of buying a flyweel puller from bultaco uk. and a flyweel holder to take the center nut of these cost about a tenner each money well spent if you plan on keeping the bike. you could try your puller what you have but i couldnt tell you if this would work. back in the day they used to tap it off with a hammer but i dont recamend doing this incase you do damage hope this helps

Copemech, I didn't think it would be that tough? The correct timing must be in the region of plus or minus a few dergrees rotation from where it has been scribed on the casing, and the points gap needs set 2-3mm (approx) before TDC. admittedly ive never done it, but is it that difficult?