Speedo

bondy

To the fork clamps pinch bolts:

The fork clamps for the 199b allow just one mounting direction as the threads are inside the clamps. My older Sherpa 175cc had allen screws the screw head towards driving direction.

I personal don't like the upper mount of the speedo above the upper fork clamp so much, in my personal view, (taste), the speedo really sits enthroned there. (this is my personal view)

So I will go beside the left side of the right engine mount.

For both posibilities you need a bracket where you can attach the speedo, its just a Z-angled piece of metal with to holes (one for the steering steam and another for the speedo) or a L-shaped metal sheet again with two holes one for the engine mount, the other for th speedo. If you don't get the parts then you have to make your own. Best in my experience is to fabricate a model out of plastic sheet or cardbord first to get the right dimensions. (so did I for the lower mount). Then cut and drill and bend the plate to the spec's or let it be done by a local locksmith. (You need a shorter speedo cable too for mounting the speedo to the left side of the front engine mount.)

speedo drive to the front wheel:

I don't believe there is enough space to fit a mechanical speedo drive, the one for the rear will not fit to the front axle and has the wrong ratio for a 21" wheel too.