Gas Gas Gear Question...

comerconstructionman

Hi AL,

I was'nt sure which section to put this post in either Sherco or Gas Gas, but here goes. I have been riding my Sherco 290 for over 3 months now and really getting on well with it but on seeing others ride Gas Gases they are always in a lower gear than me. On talking to the Gas Gas riders a few have had Shecos and switched to the Gas Gas because they said it was a better bike to ride and easer, more balanced and the gearing was better too. Im a pretty good clubman rider and the guys riding Gas Gases are better than me but have been riding longer. One an Expert and the other a good clubman rider. Does any one on here agree or is there not much in the two bikes...?

N

Hi AL,

I was'nt sure which section to put this post in either Sherco or Gas Gas, but here goes. I have been riding my Sherco 290 for over 3 months now and really getting on well with it but on seeing others ride Gas Gases they are always in a lower gear than me. On talking to the Gas Gas riders a few have had Shecos and switched to the Gas Gas because they said it was a better bike to ride and easer, more balanced and the gearing was better too. Im a pretty good clubman rider and the guys riding Gas Gases are better than me but have been riding longer. One an Expert and the other a good clubman rider. Does any one on here agree or is there not much in the two bikes...?

N

i would after say the gasser is a better quality bike without a doubt and i dont have one so not byast ,the sherco only having 5 gears says something alone ,and this is one reason why gasser riders choose to be in a differnt gear compared to sherco,s ive even heard of sherco dealers slag them off, all the sherco riders may disagree but deep down they lust for a gasser or beta lol :rotfl:

Yes I noted they had six gears too. One of the riders I ride with had a Sherco and said it was a great bike but when he was ready to buy again he went for the Gasser and things he couldnt do on the Sherco he could do on the Gasser. I have ridden a few and they are nice bikes but I suppose you get used to your own bike. Ill have another go on a few this weekend coming...

Yes I noted they had six gears too. One of the riders I ride with had a Sherco and said it was a great bike but when he was ready to buy again he went for the Gasser and things he couldnt do on the Sherco he could do on the Gasser. I have ridden a few and they are nice bikes but I suppose you get used to your own bike. Ill have another go on a few this weekend coming...

trouble is what ever you have you cant help thinking another bike could be better i know a pro rider for sherco recently practised on a gasser and found it much better and could do all sorts he couldnt on the sherco ,but then rode a 4rt factory bike and was even better still

The bike really should not make any difference. I prefer the gasser over the sherco, but it`s reliability compared to a sherco is questionable. I also can ride a sherco well. Your local dealer support would probably make more difference than the bike. Do not listen to people that only think you should ride `their` brand as it should be obvious that your best interest has not been considered.