Sherco Air Filter

midlife

We never had any problems with the 2011 in wet or muddy conditions, only when washing the bikes.

The 12 is way better, there are a couple drains before the water would get to the filter. Now my kid can go crazy washing his bike and the filter stays dry :thumbup:

When you state you are allways having to clean carb, why?

Yes, water will wash dirt through the intake system and into the motor, yet most carb problems are fuel related in the sense of clogged jets or water entry into the bowl. This does not enter through the air intake system usually, but from the fuel inlet and the bowl vent(s).

:thumbup:

Cope,

I think this happens more when the bike isn't running like when the bike is getting washed. Water would enter through the air box, run down the intake and into the carb. Once there it would seep into the bowl. The first few times we weren't careful washing a 2010 and I had to drain the bowl (still on the bike) until just fuel was coming out and no water. Then all was well.

After that I always removed the filter and stuffed a clean towel into the intake and air box whn washing.

As stated never had any problems riding in the rainiest trials.