Lights

bondy

hi im fiting light to my bultaco 199A i need a resistor so the bulbs dont keep blowing dose anybody know how the resistor wires up to? allso were dose the rear break light switch go? my rear break pedal is on the left with out looking i dont think there is a loop for the unit to fix to sopose i could make somthing its only to fasten the pin from the unit to the pedal so the break light works. also the lighting coil as to wires i do have a switch for handal bars with 5 wires think 3 go to head light i do have a horn but not really botherd about that but would like to have it working somtime the switch dosant have a button fot the horn so ill lefe that for now i know ill probel get aked why i want light well no reason really just want them on just like the idea i know there crap but i think they look good on

The Alpina has lights - if you could find out how they did it on the Alpina that might help...?

I think I can see something attached to the brake pedal on this photo?

Bultaco%20Alpina%20250%20-%201975.jpg

This image seems to show a brake light fitted via a series of levers and pulleys...

Bultaco_01_1000.jpg

whatever makes it work I guess. If you ride it off road they will probably get smashed anyway - they would if I tried to ride it... :banana2:

Good luck

Might it be easier to adapt a modernish front brake light switch from something else?

ok guys thanks for your help ill probely see if i can mount the unit its only a simpel switch with a pin on the end its got a hole in it if i remember back in the 80is when i used to have road bikes theres long spring witch hooks throw the hole on the pin then hooks on the break pedal thanks

The older Bultacos had a bracketmounted to the swing rm, even some for the electric,

from there where a pull switch mounted that was attached to the wire or rod through

a small fastener, as you can see here, (sadly without the switch):

175%2527er%2520Bultaco%2520Sherpa%252003-05%255B3%255D.jpg

The resistor was placed to the brake light and rear light wiring, (look up position nr. 8):

Elektrik%2520Bultaco.jpg

The original resistor was very archaic build and wil not work if heavy corroded, (mostly the case):

DSC08350.JPG

The horn and speedo is here also shown.

Instead of the archaic resistor there was an electronical unit also available that do the same job, (was fittet to the Metralla bikes f.e.), made by Facomsa:

DSC08595.JPG

For both types you have to call up vendors if they still have them, in need PM.

The original switch or a contemporary replacement for the handlebar, ... I should have a pic .... ? (Have to through the photo stack).

The older Bultacos had a bracketmounted to the swing rm, even some for the electric,

from there where a pull switch mounted that was attached to the wire or rod through

a small fastener, as you can see here, (sadly without the switch):

175%2527er%2520Bultaco%2520Sherpa%252003-05%255B3%255D.jpg

The resistor was placed to the brake light and rear light wiring, (look up position nr. 8):

Elektrik%2520Bultaco.jpg

The original resistor was very archaic build and wil not work if heavy corroded, (mostly the case):

DSC08350.JPG

The horn and speedo is here also shown.

Instead of the archaic resistor there was an electronical unit also available that do the same job, (was fittet to the Metralla bikes f.e.), made by Facomsa:

DSC08595.JPG

For both types you have to call up vendors if they still have them, in need PM.

The original switch or a contemporary replacement for the handlebar, ... I should have a pic .... ? (Have to through the photo stack).

hi thanks for the photos when i get chance ill send you photo cheers bondy

hi thanks for the photos when i get chance ill send you photo cheers bondy

me again diffrant question the chain gard one in the photo ive noticed this on other bults with plastic garda the rear metal bracket how do you sink it into the plastic? to make it flush?

There should be a recess for the metal fastener in the chain guard plastic,

the metal fastener should fit in there spot on.

I have seen replica plastic chain guards that doesn't have this recess.

yes i have one off them with out the recess i hadnt seen anougher gard at the time i got mine so i just pot riveted it on it fitsoki was just wounder why.