After A Bike

petrolhead

About 25 years ago I used to have a Fantic 200 which was great fun but stolen. I never did any competitive trails, no where near good enought, but I enjoyed bumbling around on the bile either following my ex on her horse or out with pals playing on the lanes and slag heaps.

I now fancy another one, agin for mucking about on and to help keep fit. It need to be lighter that the old Fantic and easy to ride. I have about

About 25 years ago I used to have a Fantic 200 which was great fun but stolen. I never did any competitive trails, no where near good enought, but I enjoyed bumbling around on the bile either following my ex on her horse or out with pals playing on the lanes and slag heaps.

I now fancy another one, agin for mucking about on and to help keep fit. It need to be lighter that the old Fantic and easy to ride. I have about

If I was you I'd have a look at the classifieds on here, pistonheads, eBay etc, don't buy on make/model specifically, just find something that's been well looked after and maintained, particularly by an older rider.

A lot of people will recommend a Scorpa 250 (Yam), or a Montesa 315r (Honda 250), if you look hard enough you should find a tidy example of either for around £1k.

I found a 96 Beta Techno 250 locally that was advertised online. It hasn't done much work for several years, and it was known to a friend, cost me well under a grand, ok I've spent a couple of hundred on it since, but it's still relatively cheap, and it's tidier than a lot of 2 or 3 yr old bikes that have been ridden hard and badly maintained at three times the price.

Edited by rallymadsam