What Bike For A 9 Year Old?

ridersofthelosttrail

Howdy

I am looking at getting a 2nd hand bike for my 9 year old son. He has grown up around bikes, and has had a 50cc trail bike, which we will now sell.

He is very keen on getting into trials riding, as we have a great scene here in Spain.

I was going to get him an 80cc Gas Gas, but they seem pretty hard to find 2nd-hand. It was suggested today, by a local trials guy, that we get him a 125cc bike so he can grow into it.

I would love some feedback from you all.

Thanks.

The Beta REV50/80 is lighter than the Gas Gas 80 although the newer ones do seem to use a different frame so that may not apply. It also seems to be that Lampkins import more of them probably because the older Gassers were seen as unweildy for the Kids and it was the natural step for REV50 riders when they got big enough.

The Beta REV50/80 is lighter than the Gas Gas 80 although the newer ones do seem to use a different frame so that may not apply. It also seems to be that Lampkins import more of them probably because the older Gassers were seen as unweildy for the Kids and it was the natural step for REV50 riders when they got big enough.

Thanks for that. How is the reliability of the 2 bikes???

Strange that I am posting on the forum from the mountains of Southern Spain, as I am from Calverley originally!!! Small world.