Highland Classic 2012

turbo

sorry for the late reply, unable to log on since tc site re vamp, but just wanted to say thanks to all concerned for a cracking weekend at Alvie. All I can say is ,for me, the sections were spot on and well worth the 1300m round trip.It was a real treat to ride real sections and personally I am planning next years epic already. We were realy touched by the hospitality that we recieved not just at the trial but Scotland in general. Once again thanks . Martin Gilbert.

• 2 weeks later...

Whilst at this event I got talking to one of the organisers and he was puzzled as to why more riders dont make the journey to this excellent event. I personally could not think of any particular reason .On my travels to other nationals and local events since I have taken it on myself to ask others this question and the common answer seems to be is that the Highlands Classic is too close (datewise) to the Scottish 2 day classic. I suppose this makes some kind of sense as those who travel a long way might feel reluctant to do it again so soon.I personally do not ride the 2 day so its not a problem, but I just thought it might be of interest to the organisers of the Highlands Classic.