Highland Classic 2012

turbo

Tumblingtam - Thanks for observing with the lad by the way! Yes, get prepped up for 2013.

Steve Fracy - Highland Classic is not just about Pre65 its both Pre65 and Twinshock, we try to keep it as open class as possible with a "specials" category for bikes that don't conform - as a catch all class.

I have just had confirmation of at least one "special guest" (maybe two if his friend accepts) riding next year's event details of which will be released nearer the time, a lot of good ideas to make the event a bit special too.

All good, remember the dates (8/9 June, 2013), entries will be available sooner than they were this year, so book off the time and come ride Alvie with us in twenty, thirteen!

Big John

• Like 1

Steve Fracy - Highland Classic is not just about Pre65 its both Pre65 and Twinshock, we try to keep it as open class as possible with a "specials" category for bikes that don't conform - as a catch all class.

Big John

Does it catch Air Cooled Mono's ?

Does it catch Air Cooled Mono's ?

Nope Ross! But it caters for twin-shocks and Pre65's!

We are trying to keep it easy and the problem is the air-cooled mono is perhaps a step too far because of their ability compared to the twin-shocks etc.

The "specials" class is for modified bikes that don't comply in a particular calss

Big John

Edited by big john

Hi BJ

I do know where your coming from, but when entry's could be boosted might be worth considering.

Sections don't have to be any different, scores could be multiplied by 1.2 or some such.

(it might get twin shocked yet, but would be a shame)

Ross

Hi BJ

I do know where your coming from, but when entry's could be boosted might be worth considering.

Sections don't have to be any different, scores could be multiplied by 1.2 or some such.

Ross

"Highland Classic" = Pre 65 and Twinshock only.

Although a full house entry would be great, it's not critical, so no monos.

Hi BJ

Ross

Dont do it Ross. Better to use it or sell it. Twinshocking a mono just makes it a nothing bike and unuseable. At least as an ACM there are trials with classes to ride it in.

I've never been a fan of converting monos into twinshock, as OTF says it becomes a "nothing" bike and over time it becomes of really low value and my take on such bikes is they become by default a "special" in the true sense of the word!

I think the conversion of say a TY250R Mono to twinshock is a bridge too far and shouldn't under any circumstances be allowed to compete as a bona fide twinshock machine as it never was!

The IDMCC are keen to limit the Highland Classic to only Pre65 and Twinshock, the twinshock allowance was a concession made about 4 years ago to boost the entry a little, it wasn't done for any financial reasosn as there was originally a syndication created, which was never called upon to underwrite the event.

Big John

• Like 1

Hello folks I would like to thank, the land owners for allowing us the use of their ground, the Inverness club for their work before and after the trial.I would also like to thank the observers,back markers and SACU steward ,who get overlooked.I have attended most of the two day trials put on at Alvie and always look forward to the next year.I retired from the trial this year with leg problems.

Looking back at my last post and the comments fellow members have posted since I still think Sundays trial was not pre65 friendly,but then look at Young John Moffat's score on a true pre 65 bike ,that has to be ride of the Year.

On the mono argument,NO. Tam

Edited by tamdodds

Looking back at my last post and the comments fellow members have posted since I still think Sundays trial was not pre65 friendly,but then look at Young John Moffat's score on a true pre 65 bike ,that has to be ride of the Year.

On the mono argument,NO. Tam

Ride of the century more like!...not...my Granny could have done better, I was well off form! Partly due to tiredness, sections a bit harder (some not all) and some pilot error, can't blame the bike, ran like a Rotary watch.

But hey, what I was trying to say is that it will be Pre65 friendly next year, plus the club are planning some improvements to make it more enjoyable and special! Hope you will come back next year Tam, after all we did name a section after you!

Big John

I did wonder why Tam was calling me "young"! Doh... Aye, he did have the ride of the year in that case...1959 G3C Matchless..not for the faint hearted!

Big John

(former campaigner of said Matchless motorcycle)