Rev 4 T Long Ride Kit Instructions

martin 305

Before installing a fuel tap, I would try opening the aux tank tap first though, and leave the main tank in "off" (fuel only flows with bike on). Hopefully it wont force gas out the main tank vent. Because the aux tank is higher, it should take gas out of the aux tank first until the two become level, and then drain from both. Giving you optimal CG without having to mess with fuel taps. By leaving the main tank in "off" it will also leave you with a small reserve too.

The Beta DOES have a reserve setting (at least my 08 4T does with the electric fuel tap). When the main tank electric tap is switched to OFF (which lets fuel flow only when the engine is running), it will drain the tank to the reserve level. To access the reserve gasoline you have to flip the little lever all the way up to the manual on setting.

When the engine is off and the fuel is in the off, no fuel flows so you shouldn't need to install another valve.

I must admit I have yet to run mine dry, TrialTrial, my comment about the electric tap on the 2012 4T not having a reserve setting was passing on what I had been told by Lampkins.

I hope it does have a reserve - I'll have to check it out!

The owner's manual is silent on the matter, in fact it's pretty vague about the fuel tap anyway.

Portman, your year might be different. My manual says

"The capacity of the fuel tank is approximately 2.2 litres, of which 0.35 litres is reserve" - it also lists this amoun in the specs.

But I notice your 2012 EVO 4T manual says (on page 50)

"The capacity of the fuel tank is approximately 2.5 litres."

No mention of reserve anywhere in the manual.

So in this case you might want to consider a fuel valve. Another option is to put an electrical switch going to the electric fuel valve. If having both tanks "on" the fuel would likely pull from both depending on fuel height in the tanks - although I have never experimented with this.

Edited by TrialTrial

Portman, your year might be different. My manual says

"The capacity of the fuel tank is approximately 2.2 litres, of which 0.35 litres is reserve" - it also lists this amoun in the specs.

But I notice your 2012 EVO 4T manual says (on page 50)

"The capacity of the fuel tank is approximately 2.5 litres."

No mention of reserve anywhere in the manual.

So in this case you might want to consider a fuel valve. Another option is to put an electrical switch going to the electric fuel valve. If having both tanks "on" the fuel would likely pull from both depending on fuel height in the tanks - although I have never experimented with this.

TT, thanks for your research. I think the best way to make this work on the Evo 4T is to initially have the fuel tap on the auxiliary tank OFF which will mean that the main tank will drain first. Once the main tank is dry/nearly dry then the aux tank can be turned ON to then use that fuel supply as well.

Incidentally, does the long ride tank have a reserve setting on it's tap or is it just an ON/OFF tap?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I've just tried to install a long ride kit for a Beta evo 300 4T 2010 but it seems that it doesn't fit properly. the back side it´s fitted at the sub-frame bolts, that´s ok. but the front side doesn´t settle over the frame there is about 1 inch between the bottom of the front sideof the aux (wich is fixed just by an elastic ring) and the chasis-gas-tank of the bike I checked out the reference of the kit and is the right one for my bike...at least the instructions.

Is it that normal? or the maybe they have sent me the wrong model even the instructions are the right one?

I thought the same when I first fitted mine. So I double checked the model number stamped oin the box and the tank and it was the correct one. If you look at my blog pictures, it shows a space of about an inch between the bottom of the tank and the saddle of the bike. Is this to what you are referring?

http://cameronsoftware.com/blog/blog/2012/04/12/beta-long-range-tank/