Gas Gas 80 2012 Cutting Out

zerorev3rev4

only been used hand full of times ,it ran out of fuel and once filled up it wouldnt rev properly ,carb all cleaned out twice then it seemed to cure itself ,now today doing a trial problem came back seems to bork and cut out when trying to rev it up i have my suspicians but have not looked at it myself as its not my bike ,,has anyone else had problems with new Gas Gas

Had a brand new TXT80 back in 2002, it had a hunger for spark plugs.

I always carried a new one in my pocket, you just never knew when it was going to go. Once it stopped, the only way to get it going was a new plug. Fit one and it would start the very next kick. Apart from that, it was a fantastic little bike and never let us down once!

Pete

only been used hand full of times ,it ran out of fuel and once filled up it wouldnt rev properly ,carb all cleaned out twice then it seemed to cure itself ,now today doing a trial problem came back seems to bork and cut out when trying to rev it up i have my suspicians but have not looked at it myself as its not my bike ,,has anyone else had problems with new Gas Gas

Had a friends 200 pro (07 if you care) do this, it would run fine until about 1/3 throttle. Turned out to be the NGK plug. I myself hate NGK plugs, and they hate me, never ever have I had a plug that fired right up to a certain (not even that high) rpm. I swore it was a fuel issue, after cleaning the carb 2 times, I change plug, bike ran great.

I like those Bosch Platnums myself, I change them only out of guilt after months and months.

• 1 month later...

Had a friends 200 pro (07 if you care) do this, it would run fine until about 1/3 throttle. Turned out to be the NGK plug. I myself hate NGK plugs, and they hate me, never ever have I had a plug that fired right up to a certain (not even that high) rpm. I swore it was a fuel issue, after cleaning the carb 2 times, I change plug, bike ran great.

I like those Bosch Platnums myself, I change them only out of guilt after months and months.

,, i wouldnt fit anything other than ngk you probably had the resistor type which are crap and can break down after one days use