300 Pro Racing

slickgolf_0

I have had my bike a couple of months now.

1st day out it was pinking badly , very badly. After many phone calls and research ( 4 weeks on ) its cured, however I had to buy a new slide and needle to fix the problem.

The Formula brakes are great but the clutch operation is not to my liking , the 2011 Raga clutch action is far better (AJP), I am going to replace the Formula clutch master cylinder for an AJP.

Other than those niggles I think its a great bike , the power delivery is beautiful and works well in mud and on rocks.

I have had Beta Evos and Shercos , both good but I believe this is the better machine.

Only time will tell with wear and reliability but I am very happy with my purchase.

My dealer is Drysdales in Perth , he has been great in helping me get to the bottom of the problems , to be fair I was his first Gas Gas customer and his first 300 Pro Racing .

I think Gas Gas should have sorted the parts out under warranty , they might yet as they know I have been moaning.

How are all the other 300 racings doing out there ?

I picked one up last week, but had an event on the weekend so chose to ride the old bike (last years 300 Racing). I learned last year not to ride a new bike in an event - had similar problems with the old bike - knocking(solved by running VP C12), stalling (changed float height), draggy clutch (changed to lighter fluid (ATF) and took some time to "come in").

The little bit of time I had on the NEW bike leads me to believe I will have the same issues - and would not blame the clutch cylinder quite yet, get the adjustment, lever position, trans fluid, etc. all sorted first. I found the clutch, if nothing else, to be nice and light with progressive engagement, but does drag a bit and have a "slow" takeup.

Overall, I think once you have time to break it in a bit and make it "your bike" you will be pleased.

Edited by jonny042

hi,

this is my second racing, the first one was pinking and i had to change the slide to a 3.5, as for the new one it came with a 3.5 slide and was pinking a bit so ive lifted the needle one notch and it seems to have cured it, what slide did you put in , gotta say though i am loving this new one.

Hi

I am also on 3 slide , JJJ needle (middle position), 45 pilot , air screw 1.5 turns out.

Just fitted the fly wheel weight , recomended by Gary McDonald , feels good.

Flushed out fluid in formula clutch , better but not as good as AJP !

I have both bikes here to compare.

What did Boyesen reeds do it ?

Thanks

Fitted 48 pilot to give it a try , perfect , thanks Nigel Dabster!

I did have a 48 in before the new slide arrived , was then told to stick with 45 and the 3 slide

Thats it now , running how it should from the factory.

3 slide , JJJ needle , 48 pilot jet , standard main jet