Where To Buy A Syringe For Brake Bleeding?

neilh

hi.

any of you lads know where i can get a big syringe on a sunday?

my bike seems to have developed a spongy or near enough not working rear brake (unusual?)

no external leaks and the reservoir was full so im not sure how air has got in there?

hi, i done this job an hour ago and it worked like a champ.

i took the reservoir off and joined the pipes up and bled it from the bleed nipple. i used air pressure from the front tyre of the bike.

you can also use this to bleed it backwards by connecting to the bleed nipple if u wish.

here it is for anybody interested :

http://www.gunson.co.uk/item.aspx?cat=674&item=1818

they are cheaper than that in halfords, i got mine there years ago

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE on this.

No rear brake pressure again... and the bike has not been used since my previous post.

kitted up earlier this afternoon to go for a ride and nearly wrote my bike (and myself) off into my garden gates on my way out.

i was fed up then so i stripped everything down and found the bleed nipple on the rear caliper not sealing.

on removal of the nipple i found that the previous owner or garage that has done work on it has stripped the aluminium threads out of the caliper by overtightening the nipple, and they then inserted a heli-coil into the caliper to try and repair it.. well it didnt.

i managed to find a bigger bleed nipple in my box of bits, so im gonna drill it out tomorrow and re-tap a new thread in the caliper

if it dont work then its new caliper time. balls.

i had a stroke of good luck to be honest. i managed to fit a new bleed nipple and all seems ok so far.

i didnt bother updating as it looked to me like people werent reading.

to answer your question, no i have not got a cap that fits.

either remove the cap from the eezibleed and connect it to the bleed nipple on the bike to bleed it backwards, or take the pipe off the little reservoir on the bike and join them up then crack the bleed nipple open.

it works so good ill never do it any other way now.

oh and while its pressure bleeding, you give the brake lever a cheeky little pump aswell.

but only depress the pedal half of its maximum travel, or three quarters at most. never fully down, the seals dont like it