315R - Whats This Tube?

aldo

Well I've finally treated myself to a 2004 315R which cost me £800. (Hope that's reasonable)

Never done trials before so mid life crisis purchase ...

I've given the bike a full service and check over and the only things it needs are front wheel bearings and new grips so I'm pleased there were no nasty surprises.

I do have a question which I hope someone can answer. There is a rubber tube which exits the inside of the left frame rail about half way down, under the petrol tank. I can't trace where it goes so I'm not sure if its a breather or if it meant to be connected to something around the carb. Can anyone help?

Also the little tube which loops around the carb is missing. Bike seems to run fine without it but is there anything special about this or can I just fit an appropriate sized bit of tube?

Thanks in advance

firstly that is the bargain of the century an 04 in very nice condition just sold in ebay for £3100 dont know about the first tube but just make your own loop tube up hope you enjoy it mate

Thanks Nelly1.

The guy who was selling the bike had no idea how old it was so I just went on the condition. Wasn't until I got it home and checked the frame number I realised it was a 2004 model.

Just need to find out what the other tube is/does...

the oither tube that exits into the frame is either the crankcase breather, or the stator case breather that exits crom the top of the stator cover in the vicinity of the ignitionwires that comeout of the stator cover plate. Actually there shouldbe 2 holes in the frame for 2 tubes, the crank breather (exits thecrankcase by the carb bowl)and the stator breather.

Thanks Canada280i. That's solved the problem. The previous owner had looped the two crankcase breather vents together with the same tube. Hence the spare tube... Now sorted and no damage done.

Thanks again to all who replied.