Ty175 /250 Tubeless Rim

ausy300pro

can anyone tell me where to get a suitable rim to lace to a ty rear hub to convert to tubeless, I have contacted two different vendors who both say that there is not a rim available as the spoke angle is wrong ? I am sure there are people out there running a tubeless rear wheel (just for trials that allow it), so any info appreciated,

also don't think spoke angle is hyper critical, have been told that spokes won't seal, surely they don't need to seal it's the rim tape that does that and as long as spoke tightens reasonably in rim it will be ok with perhaps a couple of checks for tension after it has been ridden (or am I wrong ?)

Edited by ausy300pro

A riding friend had a tubeless rear rim fitted recently no problems to his TY250D (and also one to his Bultaco M198). I don't know if the rims came undrilled, or if the angle can be changed, or if the angle was fine as it came, but I do know his wheels are fine. The rims used are the type with the rubber wedge seal ring, which means that the spoke length will be different to standard Yamaha spokes.

If the spoke angle is wrong the spokes have a curve in them that looks terrible and are more prone to breakage than if the nipples are at the right angle.

Biggest issue when it comes to tubeless rims will be getting the order 36 spoke type, pretty sure that the holes aren't drilled at a set angle anymore as the rims don't have dimples

My guess would be gas gas or sherco would be best placed to supply the correct rim. Let us know what rims you end up using