Edzell (Scotland) 2 Day

breagh

The East Neuk Wobblers and Montrose MCC are jointly running a Two day event on the 16/17 June.

Based in Glen Esk the course will be 4/5 miles with 2 routes of an easy and moderate severity.

Ideal for older machines and the casual/fun rider.

(Sunday Observed, Sat self Observed)

Free Camping on site,Toilets provided by club. (Venue approx 3 miles from the town of Edzell)

Entry £15 per day (Includes food on Sat),Non members day membership £1 per day.(No lic required)

Contact Wobbler's sec Di Hay on 01337 831333 for more details. .

I know,sadly the club only makes about 40p on the £10 entry fee.

The Sat includes the food,but we need the WCs which to be fair are there all weekend.

If we charged £20 for the Sat and £10 for Sunday would it be fairer ? I don,t know.

We lost money on the two day last year.

As you know a few of us subsidise the club greatly,entry fees bear little relation to what the Trials really cost to run.

I'm not questioning what the club makes from any trial, but what you're essentially asking is that those who just turn up on the Sunday to subsidise those that ride on the Saturday.

For those that just ride on the Sunday, this will be no different to any other trial that there has been in the past, other than being 50% dearer.

I will give it due consideration, but that's now a couple of things recently that I can't say I'm particularly happy about.

The Sat includes the food,but we need the WCs which to be fair are there all weekend.

If we charged £20 for the Sat and £10 for Sunday would it be fairer ? I don,t know.

Everyone just p****s in the burn on a Sunday it's a ritual and law so no need for the bogs, and no food on Sunday bring back Margaret. :hyper:

Brads in Benidorm this week gets back Saturday night , if he is sober how much for the child to ride Sunday ?

Edited by fatbastard

Such ingratitude,I would ban you all if I didn't know you better.

As Brad's still a laudie at Wobbler's he's a £10,even though he's a working man if the there is such a thing North of the Tay.

As you know Margaret had to pack in because too many just came for the cake's and didn't ride the trial.

We,ve been trying to trace the individuals and they came in a blue Ford Transit and a Black pickup.

Please let the club know if you have any idea who they are?

Nice of you to triviaise it all while still not giving a proper answer to my original question Hmmm.gif and given both clubs have a healthy balance I can't quite get my head round it all.

You are not alone with this train of thought.

Last years Trials weekend had a £5 charge for food for those who wished to have food onsite but, entry fees were unchanged for Sunday only riders.

I would have thought that with 2 Clubs putting on the event then the financial aspect would be minimilised?

Edited by babywalker