telecat

So... what makes the 2012 raga that's about to drop better than the 13 pro/racing besides:

the new rear shock/linkage

tech fork (better than the zocc?),

keihin carb

and of course black rims?

what's the price diff? I'm looking at 8100 for the raga....worth it?

On top of all that, how much better is the raga than the just released $5400 eco?

Welcome to the world of consumer-ism, what makes a 2010 vs 2013 model whirlpool refridgerator "worth it"? or new car better than last years? sheesh. Most of us could probably ride almost as well as we do now, on a aforementioned 70's or 80' ty250, if everyone was on same era junk.

The Eco, is a great thing, for what it is. Nowhere does anyone do this "up front" like Gas Gas does. Sure honda and the likes sold the old XT bikes with that old air cooled engine even though they offered the newest more powerful motocross or road bikes, for much more $... I like that it is allowing a person that wants "Freshly manufactured NEWNESS" built with parts that are "slightly out dated" compared to the officially produced main stream product. and I mean slightly...

FWIW, everything involved in the "Computer" industry does this, but, telling you to your face, they are about the only ones.

FOr Example... you can buy the most current motherboard, Graphics card, newest CPU for about 3 grand when outfitted for a gamer who wants everything new/latest and greatest, which is as powerfull and as fast as they come, or you can buy a $615 dollar Dell or hp, lower priced "main stream" computers, that are using 3 year old but still produced CPU's motherboards and less powerfull graphics cards and most of you wont care how much less powerfull or cutting edge the computer will be, since they are more than capable for "surfing the trials websites..."

I think most would refer to the Eco, as an "main stream" starter bike, if we marketed them like Dell was. And you know what I mean, because you can probably buy my 3 year old "gamer system" computer used somewhere for less than I would sell it, knowing what it cost me 3 years ago, yet cheaper than I could buy all new parts (which are all available new still) and build ONE JUST LIKE it for you... But I bet it would be better than what you are surfing with at the moment, for 90% of you anyhow.

Edited by sting32

3 lbs is huge savings for sure.

How about the 'tech' forks compared to the zocc? i think sherco is running them as well but I can't eve find a web site for the company... anyone have any more info on that? will they be as user serviceable and can take stiffer springs? adjustability? there's really not much info on them that i can find anywhere...

thanks!

SZ

• 4 months later...