Sherco 3.2

becker

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a chance last week to ride the 4 stroke at Trials Training Center for about an hour. Going right from my 290 to the 4 stroke, the weight and handling seemed no different. I'm only a Int/Sptman level rider, so I didn't try anything big, but the bike has great power and the front wheel comes right up with no problem -- had a great time doing logs. I killed it once doing some slow, tight stuff and it restarted easily on the second kick.

David Chavez looked very comfortable riding the bike in the Expert class at the TTC National.

Impressive machine -- be sure to ride it if you get a chance.

Got mine yesterday (friday) and have had a good 4/5 hours on it ,still tight though,it has really good power right off the bottom and pulls like a bloody train

One thing i have noticed it does not seem to need any choke,both times i tried to use it it flooded.It is mild at the moment and it may be set a little rich for running in ?

Other than that it is getting easier to start and is not hard to kick over ,the importers say it needs up to eight hours to fully free up,i will be getting it muddy tomorrow so will know more then

• 2 weeks later...

Big john dont do it (sell the other bikes that is)

my slogan is similar to yours ,never sell one just keep buying them.

you will really enjoy the 4t mine just gets better and better.

done a couple of trials now what a bike.

There were 3 or 4 Sherco 4T near to me in the SSDT last week, one of which was ridden by Codina (spelling) and they certainly looked good in the sections, particularly in the hands of their very capapable riders. It's a shame they went out of the trial, I think one finished, but very brave of Sherco to give them such a public test. Hopefully they'll sort whatever the problems were. I love my 4RT but also think Sherco have done a tremendous job fitting the 4T engine into the existing Chassis. From 10 yards or so yo can't tell them apart and it's a good looking bike. More variety the better I say.

Not sure I've seen anyone actually criticising the bike, especially not 4RT owners, unless I've missed some posts somewhere. Unlike the 4RT which took ridiculous amounts of criticism from people who'd never even seen one let alone ridden one.

Rumours will always abound with what went wrong with the Sherco and chinese whispers then alter facts beyond all reality so unless it is from someone directly 'in the know' I doubt the true reasons will ever be known.

Story is that they suffered electrical failures due to a wire rubbing through and shorting out down the back of the engine somewhere. No idea if this is correct or not. Codina's bike was said to be rattling badly. He was near me in the running order and it sounded fine when I last heard it but then he disappeared and next time I saw him he was spectating. Again, no idea if the rattling story is correct or not. What I did see with my own eyes was one of them come in at the end of a day trailing whisps of smoke and there was a smell of burning oil. I saw it so that is a fact but obviously I have no idea what the cause was. May have been something simple and the bike may have carried on and finished for all I know.

I still think it was brave of them to publicly 'test' them like they did and I hope they get them sorted as it is nice to see variety. Obviously they had decent riders on them but the bike performs well.

It is curious though that given the amount of people who slated the Mont, which is a good bike, no-one seems to have a bad word for the Sherco. I'm not saying the bike deserves it because it doesn't, it's just puzzling.

Or is it...

:rolleyes:

I can't go on buying bikes - I'm a sick, sick man I suffer from CBPD (Compulsive Bike Purchase Disorder) There is no known cure!

There is a cure Big John, it's far worse than the condition though ..... DIVORCE ... so you should learn to live it (tough, but I think you will probably manage)

still think it was brave of them to publicly 'test' them like they did and I hope they get them sorted as it is nice to see variety. Obviously they had decent riders on them but the bike performs well.

It is curious though that given the amount of people who slated the Mont, which is a good bike, no-one seems to have a bad word for the Sherco. I'm not saying the bike deserves it because it doesn't, it's just puzzling.

Or is it...

Well said Woody, sometimes I struggle to keep my biased opinions in check but I still find it difficult to understand how it seems acceptable for Sherco to "test" the 3.2 using the public. Surely when a product goes on sale it should be fit for the purpose intended i.e complete a reliability trial.

Yet when it fails to do so, even allowing for circumstances that out of anyones control due to the nature of the sport, it is accepted without critisism.

I know Sherco are a small factory and carry a large following of loyal buyers partly due to the halcyon days of Bultaco, but when a product fails so publicly and at the paying publics expense, then surely it raises a question?

Before a torrent of abuse come's my way here are the facts: I was at the Scottish albeit for one day, I did see Sherco's ride sections, they did sound nice and appeared to grip well, I did NOT see anybody having technical problems.

Edited by Hughesy

As regards something being fit for purpose before it goes on sale, I agree entirely. However, whilst at the SSDT I was led to understand that the bikes are not actually on general sale yet. Dealers have been allocated one each for a supported rider to ride and presumably let people try them out at events. You can't actually buy one yet. Now that is perfectly acceptable in my opinion.

However, seeing the dealer ads in TMX, and judging by some previous posts, they do seem to be on general sale right now, which I find strange if the factory accept/admit that they are not properly sorted yet.

Hopefully they are just teething troubles and they'll get them sorted. I've nothing against the bike whatsoever, as I've said before, variety is just one of the things that makes the sport interesting.

At the SSDT Sherco had a demo 4T in their parc ferme area that anyone could have a play on if they wanted. Whilst I was having a look at it, a couple of lads had a go and were doing the usual, riding it around and hopping the front/back etc as they went, like you do, for no particular reason. Other world champion wannabees were contemplating showing off their skills too no doubt, on a nice flat carpark in front of a small audience. Anyway the bike was parked back up again and Grimbo appeared and got on it. 'Riding it in the trial' said someone 'no' he answered and then said 'don't know if I can start it'. It fired up first kick and within seconds was performing sit down wheelies in a very confined circle with people/cars/mechanics as the 'arena wall'. The front wheel was skimming a few noses as it went round, in perfect control, speeding up slowing down at will. The control was spell binding. Makes you sick.... He then parked the bike up and wandered off.

Needless to say, there were no further takers rushing for a chance to show what they could do after that

• 3 weeks later...

well now i'm totally confused :P I currently have a 04 290 2T and was considering buying a mont 4RT a freind had one of the first ones and swears buy it , then i thought i'd wait and may be stick with sherco and there 4T but you so many good things and bad about both machines you wouldn't no what to do ! Has any one road both 4RT and 4T in anger and what did they think ? Sherco looks a little more user friendly in the spanners department, .........i just don't know !!!!