Sherco 3.2

becker

Theres a good review from Steve Saunders in the Trialsworld magazine on the 4T thats a good read.. O and BTW, I like the 4rt :D I just like the 4T better :D

Edited by Webmonkey

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a monty on order for ages and gave up being fobbed off by the importers,

luckily for me the sherco was released befor i got the monty

then all the troubles started with the montys,that put me off a bit,so i got the sherco on spec alone,

being an average clubman i can tell you this

the monty feels like a slightly underpowered 2t and i did not get on with it at all

the sherco is like a tractor on speed and flatters an average rider with power to spare everywhere

Bikespace you got me the sherco is to bloody powerfull

i have riden it in seven trials and won three of them (clubman class)

but in the others i am bottom third ,it bloody scares me.

the 4rt i have ridden is lovelly and tame compared, i must be getting old

I wasn't sure if one of the recent classified adds was a wind up at first, but I don't think it is.

Someone selling a Sherco 4T - Reason - Too powerful for aging rider. May accept part ex with 4rT

Ouch!

Edited by Webmonkey

Sorry Dixie - didn't realise it was you. It didn't look as though it was a TC regular :blink:

I absolutely agree - and I think most rational people would agree that the 4rT as it stands will turn out to be an ideal clubman bike. People won't have to take out the baffles and turn them in to a noise pollution problem.

I reckon it could turn out to be a similar situation to GasGas - with the TXT edition being the ideal bike for a clubman whereas the people who need (or at least think they need (for the purists)) more go for the Pro.

What do you reckon? A 4rT-plus in a year to 18 months, or just continue development of the existing 4rT.

What do you reckon? A 4rT-plus in a year to 18 months, or just continue development of the existing 4rT.

Knowing Montesa, that wont happen that quick! From experience of owning the 2 stroke, what changes did they do in the 315's 7 years??? :blink: Not too much!! - Forks, brakes,rear shock.... :D

It would be interesting to try a 4RT with the 280 big bore conversion from MITANI MOTORSPORTS, but it costs 2.5k! Or the Ti front pipe which has larger expansion chamber. could be interesting....

I absolutely agree - and I think most rational people would agree that the 4rT as it stands will turn out to be an ideal clubman bike. People won't have to take out the baffles and turn them in to a noise pollution problem.

I reckon it could turn out to be a similar situation to GasGas - with the TXT edition being the ideal bike for a clubman whereas the people who need (or at least think they need (for the purists)) more go for the Pro.

What do you reckon?

Truth is more power and/or race version will sell, the econo clubman bike may be perfect for the job, but why buy that, "for an extra $100 / month you can ride the same as the world champs do sir, now if this fire breathing monster doesn't kill you, the repair cost will" :blink:

When Dabster said it's another TLR 250, he was right!! when the TLR 250 came out it was plush, reliable and an excellent clubman's bike, but bad timeing the Yam mono came out and that was the way most went, the Yam too was a reliable clubmans bike.

The 4rt is 20 years later with the latest technology, but again a plush, reliable clubman's bike.

What will be the best selling 4 stroke in 06 ? the most reliable? the most powerful? the most expensive?.

Bikespace i read yur comments yesterday but i have to borrow this pc,so i cant reply, the work pc wont let me register.

You may have read my comments elsewhere.I am really pleased with the 4t but my results are inconcistant,It is a hard decision to make but i am sure it is a bit to much for me,

If i was just playing or doing club trials only the bike would be fine but after four hours on it watch out or it will bite.

i have riden the monty a bit more now and what seems sluggish at the start is easy on you later on

BLOODY BIKES i hate them!

Well, I've had my 4t for over month now and riden it for quite a bit. Theres been a few problems to sort out but nothing major and I really like the bike. however, There has been lots of talk about the 'complexity' of the 4rt's fuel injection system over the 4t's carb. What happens if it goes wrong? cant fix it coz its too high tech! Have to take it to the dealer and cost a fortune etc etc. My original thoughts were based on the security of undertsanding the 4t's 'traditional' set up but I drive a car with fuel injection and it doesnt bother me so why should it if its on my bike? :blink:

Fuel injection on cars is extremely reliable and trouble free. I havent heard anyone having any problems with it on the 4rt either so its clear to me that the new breed of 4 strokes should all go this way.... Including the 4T !

If Sherco persist in staying with the carb, then I feel they are missing a big opportunity. Scorpa's new 4t is in the same position. FIM regs mean 4 Strokes are the future, and the future is fuel injection :D

IMHO :D

Think the FIM ruling is about to change again. Spoke to 'Magical' Mick Andrews yesterday and he said something about it not being until 2010 and also about some new development on 2 strokes meaning from next year they could be as environmently clean as a 4 stroke.

Spoke to 'Magical' Mick Andrews yesterday and he said something about it not being until 2010

Thats gonna pee some peeps off and make some others very happy!

What will happen to the world round next year? will it be totally 2 stroke power again?

What was that thing Yamaha did (I think) a good few years ago that was cleaner than a fourstroke? I think a jap team took it round the north pole or something like that.

Will be interesting to see if anything comes of it.

WM, what is a 'peeps' ??