349 Oil Dripping From ?

mudyman

Hi Guys,

on my 349 I´ve noticed oil drops on the sump guard (clutch side). after cleaning i´ve found that its running down from a) the clutch arm B) the clutch filler plug and c) the geabox filler plug. This isn´t always there sometimes theres nothing.

The oils coming from the top side which I cant explain (the breather pipe is clear). What I have noticed is it seems to be when its hot (+35°C) (the bikes in a shed).

I´ve got another 349 and this was standing in a sort of sommer house in spring. One day after it had been quite sunny and the sommer house was very warm it also had oil on the sump guard (on the other side) which I wiped off and put the bike in a colder room (it´s never happend again) ?

Anyone had any experiences with this sort of thing ?

had similar with mine its also in a shed and i had oil in those places as well mine was fuel leaking from carb and evaporating leaving oil residue

only reason i found this was the oil was blue :blush:

Edited by markthebiker

Hi nh014,

the over-filled idea was my first thought but as I changed oil this year and have filled as recommended it cant really be that (theres nothing coming out of the breather hole (hose) either.

Hi all,

leaned the bike on the other side now and the drippings almost stoped (the clutch casing etc. are now dry) but I´ve found a bolt head just behind the sprocket under the breather pipe and this was wet and quite loose. Any one know for what this bolt is as its not in the parts list I have ?

• 5 months later...

well that might be one of the casing bolts that clamp the centre casing together and these have rubber O-rings for washers to stop oil leaking from the gearbox I imagine you would have to remove the side covers and flywheels, selectors and everything and remove one at a time and replace the rubbers one at a time to save you fron splitting the case. You will have to find out what tension the casing bolts are done up to. get the info and parts from www.Southwestmontesa.com