Buying A Bike Without A V5?

mil

Hi

Having ridden trials a few years ago, then moving into mx/Enduro, I am now looking at another trials bike for practicing and entering some events. I want it to be road reg'd and able to ride down the lane to a practice area near me as well as for events that require it.

I have found a nice looking example of a 250 sherco, but the owner says it doesn't come with a V5. Initially alarm bells rang- but having looked through the forum posts, it looks like I can still register the bike etc. question is, is this worth the extra hassle without a V5- would you buy a bike without this document?

Thanks for any advice.

Mil

Many trials bikes do not have V5's . Not a problem if you buy from the seller at his house and all the numbers are intact. You need to go through the registration process, fairly simple, your local dvla office will want to inspect it after you obtain an MOT(daytime test if no lights fitted) (on the frame number) a dating letter and some insurance, again on the frame number until you get the new reg number.