Threebond In Place Of Gasket

keychange

Hi I am going to try threebond in place of the paper gasket on my TLR200 clutch case - I have good reason. But the instructions are apply and assemble in 1 minute and that is about it.

I have used loctite products before and with them you assemble but don't tighten until 24 hours - but the threebond tells me nothing - I have googled and got no further so:

• do I assemble and fully torque the bolts
  • how long before I can fill her with oil and start

Thanks in advance

Make sure surfaces are completely clean and free of oil

apply a 2 to 3mm bead , routing bead on inside of boltholes , avoid getting excess into case bolt holes (can hydro lock in hole and crack case...)

Use sparingly , assemble and torque to spec, no waiting to tighten . On a bike case i'd wait at least 24hrs before adding oil , but some say as soon as it has ' skinned' .

And IMHO threebond is good , but I believe Toyota Black F.I.P.G. (form in place gasket) is the best on the market .

Glenn

G'day, in light of having oil passages in the cover you may be better off using Loctite 515 or similar. It wont set unless it is between the surfaces and will dissolve in oil so no chance of blocking anything. 3 Bond is excellent otherwise as it wont break off like cheaper RTV's and block oil pickups.

Cheers,

Stork

• Like 1