Fraud, Whatch Out Trials Ads

jimbobjames125

This is getting beyond a joke now. I have some stuff for sale on a 4x4 website, some clown who is a long standing forum member sent me a PM saying what he wanted, we agreed a price and I sent him my PayPal address (which is obviously my email address). Minutes later I get a "PayPal" email from HIS address telling me to follow a link and enter my password to receive payment!!! the dozy ******* sent me his postal address in a PM too, so once I've reported him to PayPal and the forum admin I'm going to s**t in a jiffy bag and send him that, with his so called PayPal recipt! That'll teach him. Lol. I know it's not the same as your situation and I feel for you and hope you get it sorted.

This is getting beyond a joke now. I have some stuff for sale on a 4x4 website, some clown who is a long standing forum member sent me a PM saying what he wanted, we agreed a price and I sent him my PayPal address (which is obviously my email address). Minutes later I get a "PayPal" email from HIS address telling me to follow a link and enter my password to receive payment!!! the dozy ******* sent me his postal address in a PM too, so once I've reported him to PayPal and the forum admin I'm going to s**t in a jiffy bag and send him that, with his so called PayPal recipt! That'll teach him. Lol. I know it's not the same as your situation and I feel for you and hope you get it sorted.

:rotfl:

Lmao numptey!!!

• 5 weeks later...

b40rt your a star.

He was offering me a part refund some persistence on my part and a discussion about the police and a full refund was given to me.

i am amazed you got a full refund from the guy considering how many people he has scammed, the above link (http://www.karting.c...sgID=0000492004) was the information i could gather yet i never heard nothing from action fraud or the police, the only thing i got was £50 back out of £250 that i foolishly handed over.

if anyone has any advice on how else i can go about getting my money back please email me on ryan-leighton1@sky.com

thanks

Try trading standards at your local council.

If that fails write to your MP complaining that the Police will take no action over someone who is clearly a serial scammer. Perhaps write to the chief constable first. I often wonder if front desk staff and some officers at police stations are instructed not to respond to some crimes and not record them to make their clean up statistics look better.

Cheers