Thermostat

wrmec

i have a 2006 gas gas txt pro 300. can anybody tell me how to get to the thermostat, is it in the radiator?

there is NOT a thermostat. there is a thermo-Switch that activates the fan ONLY, it does not affect the flow of water, like cars.

I know the 08 has this switch on the RIGHT - upper (front meaning front tire side) side of the radiators. I cannot recall if the 06 still has it in the HOSE from cylinder head to the radiator, or not.

But, I went to this website (Gas Gas Factory website, changed the language to my language (english) and opened the link for the Manual for the 06, which is this link, http://www.gasgasmotos.es/en/manuals/download-2006_txtpro_partlist1.pdf.html which I saved to my "my Documents" so I could look at it without redownloading it...

Opened that file, on page 14 it shows the exact same thermal switch that is IN the radiator, but the drawing isn't that good, I sold mine a while ago, but still, I think you will find it on TOP tank, IN the radiator, top right side like my 08 was. it is held in with a C-Clip, you will need clip ring pliers to get it out, there is an oring you better be careful with.

the newer manuals dont show the hole for it either, if it matters. Might check Gas Gas.com for the video pages, the USA made the users manual into movie format on DVD, and now he has uploaded (I think most of them) to youtube.

Hope that helps.

Stings right. The thermost.. ehh thermoswitch is in the front of the radiator upper right side. You need to remove the radiator to get it out.

I guess you already have tried bypassing the switch to check that the fan is running?

-Jan

• 3 weeks later...

I have removed the rad and took the circlip off should the thermo just pull out? It feels tight.

Yeah it has to "seal" so it will be tight. new ones come with new o'ring, so just be careful, hopefully you won't be tearing anything up.