Engin Protection Grease

bondy

No idea which grease, for long time storing I use Ballistol oil for bare metal parts.

Works good and it leaves a pretty slick coating. The oil is designed for weapons and doesn't harm plastic or rubber.

It does even smell good and is not toxic.

Here to get in the UK: http://www.ballistoluk.co.uk/acatalog/Authorised_Ballistol_Dealers.html or try flea-bay.

Get yourself down to the next Aqueduct Classics trial in North Wales www.aqueductclassics.org 18th November. Great bunch of lads and sensible sections for twinshocks, classics and beginners on modern bikes plus catering. Fantastic day out.

I suggest spraying the whole bike (discs and pads excepted) with WD40 or Contect duck oil. When you want to clean it spray it with Janitol original in water at a ratio of between 10:1 and 20:1. This removes the duck oil and brings all the much off with it. After washing re duck oil the bike.

You bike will look new for years if treated in this way.

Cheers

cheers for the info dadof2 the bike is kept in a good dry place with good insullation under to thick covers. however it still can get cold so really i just wanner protect it from condensation. has for your info penno350 i may take you up on that sound a good day hope there nice and easy sections ive not done much trialing for somtime how can i just go on the day or do i have to join before hand?

sounds good to me i looked on there web theres no phone number. but i read you can just go on the day and pay. ive just got the 199a barrel back from rebore. ive just put the engin on the kitchen work top thought the wife would of gone made but eh she didnt bat a eye. so happy days nice and warm ive just put a new piston on do the rest tomorrow. hopfully should have the baby running thursday or friday. the motor was running strong last time only had a rebore. the motor has been rebuilt by last owner. so finnger crossed it gose ok.