Ty250 Mono Clutch Shaft Removal

old trials fanatic

OTF i'd just oil the cable and it should be light enough.

When you extend the clutch arm you reduce the amount the shaft separating the plates travels, often to get the bite point correct you end up with the clutch slipping in the higher gears. Why not just slide the lever down the bar a bit if its still to heavy ?

OTF i'd just oil the cable and it should be light enough.

When you extend the clutch arm you reduce the amount the shaft separating the plates travels, often to get the bite point correct you end up with the clutch slipping in the higher gears. Why not just slide the lever down the bar a bit if its still to heavy ?

Fair points but i also dont find the clutch progressive enough when compared to my James and Ossa and am hoping to get the action more like the James, which has a very long clutch arm by comparison, or at least the OSSA which has also had it's clutch arm lengthened. The TY is too much like an on off switch for my liking as i like to be able to feather the clutch to help gain grip and am finding the TY too sharp and would like to lengthen the bite point. Just personal preference really. I do have a couple of spare arms anyway so no prob if it doesnt work. Remember it worked fine on my old TY in the 80's which after all is what i'm trying to recreate. Dont ever remember the old bike slipping and that had a 270 motor by Mick.

Thanks for the advice though :thumbup: