Another Japanese Special Tlr

g4321

http://zorki.hmc5.com/bike/TLR-nikki/20040...LR-20040516.htm

have a look at the above website where a guy details the restoration and improvement of his TLR. It is in Japanese but if you use Google and languages tools you can translate each page of the website into pidgin English.

There isn't really a picture of the completed project but the detail that this site goes into is well worth the visit.

there are several other Jap specials detailed on the web - when I remember the locations I will post a link

Thought the Japanese were super efficient!!!! This guy works in more of a muddle than me!!....think he needs to spend a bit less time taking photo's and a bit more tidying up.

Wonder why he decided to mess up a perfectly decent looking TLR 200 in the first place?

Martin

Wonder why he decided to mess up a perfectly decent looking TLR 200 in the first place?

The word you are looking for is improvement -

disk brakes

alloy swinging arm

lighter and thinner tank

lighter exhaust

All items a standard TLR is badly lacking. Just think a TLR200 which is lighter, runs better, stops better and is easier to handle.

If Honda produced a trials bike would it sell today - I suspect it would.