Bantam Eligibility !

ausy300pro

I am considering building a bantam for pre 65 trials, what is the standpoint on eligibility of four speed bantams, I know that they were not made before 67 so how come I see them in some big pre 65 trials ?? what is the standpoint of the scottish two day, the manx two day and the the yorkshire classic club ? (these are the organisers I would most likely be entering trials with).

want clarification before I start spending my few quid (I am a yorkshire man !)

Virtually everywhere is now Pre70, not Pre65, so 4 speed not an issue. Definitely not in the Manx, Yorks Classic have their own rules on their website.

Scotland is about the only trial that still runs to Pre65. 4 speed engines aren't a problem and are accepted in Scotland - up to now anyway. Just another vagary of the rules - probably because the first 4 speed engines look identical to the last 3 speed so unless you're checking engine numbers you can't tell.

Many are changing the clutch cover for the earlier 3 spd type as you don't need all the points etc as replacement ignition set ups live in the left case, the cover will fit, just needs 2 holes drilling and tapping. It then looks like the earlier engine.