Front Mudguard Lifting?

mickrayner

I need to raise the front mudguard slightly, spent most of saturday clearing the mud out. I lost marks before i noticed it was clogging up and the front wheel sliding sideways on turns. ;)

I have looked at it but the front clamps round the fork legs seem to be in a groove stopping me simply sliding them up a bit, has anyone else done this with a tidy result, are any parts available to lift it?

Forgot to say, its a 98 Techno...

Edited by MickRayner

Consider having the rear of the mudguard closer to the tyre than the front. So, when mud rolls up from the bottom of the tyre, some of it will be scraped off by the mudguard and any that manages to fit through the gap rolls into a bigger gap and out the front without getting clogged up - hopefully. Please note that the opposite happens when rolling backwards ;)

have you got usd forks or standard forks, my sons 94' has usd and i had to cut away all the ali bracket, travel 10 foot in the southern mud and the front whell locked solid, i have seen the standard fork brace cut away as well this means the mud has nothing to clog against.

It seems that curved, U shaped brackets are a bad design, It would be a good idea if possible to make a new bracket with the sides as close to the fork legs as possible so it is as close to being a flat style one as possible :D hope that makes sense ;)