Flywheel Lightening

sy250r

Alrite people. Im riding a 15th aniversary sy250r and still loving it after 2years . But i was just wondering if any one knows were i can get my fly wheel lightend?? Or is this a bad idea?? . Im currently rolling off a 42 sprocket but have original 38 waiting to go on will i notice a big differance if i swap them over?? Thanks any help appreciated. Davie

Had a few Scorps,still do.

I think from 07 on they fitted a heavier flywheel and upped the compression,but I stand to be corrected.

The earlier ones dont seem so punchy even if they have lighter flywheels so i assume it's a better set up.

It will never run like a gas gas at the top end so I would make sure it's in good tune and leave it stock.

Pehaps fresh reeds and a fresh piston if you're feeling flush.

Gearing,4t up at the back sounds too much,1st gear will be redundant,2t would do if you ride a lot of tight stuff.

Great bikes,.

There were two different flywheel weights available as I recall. Lighter one came out in '03 or so and was on the racing version in the US, prolly pound or two difference. Reved out nicely as compared.

Not knowing which you have for sure, I would call the importer whth the diameter of yours, they should be able to tell you.

As far as gearing goes, I never seen any off stock gears, whatever that is. They seemed fine, nice bike. :icon_salut:

Take off the flywheel cover and post a pic up, I've had a few SY's and messed about with different weights from 2.4 to 3.1kg, to be honest anything less than 2.7 and I would leave well alone, I would whip yours off weigh it and look at the timing if your wanting more pep, im pretty sure yours will have a 2.7 on.

Edited by godzilla