Box Trailer

crashmonkey

Hi

I have a Brenderup as below;-

http://www.brenderup.co.uk/commercial/products/box-van.aspx?ProductID=36967&PID=1707

Its 260cm by 130cm and two trials bikes go in no problem. The wheels go in the front corners and the bikes are strapped in. I can also get a road bike diagonally. I have carried a CBR600 but it would take something bigger. Its good because you have some shelter to get changed and you can also put your muddy gear in. It also keeps the road salt off your bikes and stops the thieves seeing what you have.

On the down side it's like pulling a parachute and its a bit heavy, it kills the fuel consumption of my Insignia. I wasn't so bad with my previous car, a Zafira. All down to the shape of the car.

Trailers like these are hard to find second hand. Bateson do a 4 wheel trailer that can take two bikes, or you could get a lighter one made. They do hold their money though.

If you do get a trailer pm me and i will show how i have fitted mine out.

Cheers Scragg

Hi

I've just started to use one which is 6ft x 4ft, 5ft high. Front wheels at an angle at the front corners, the back wheels fit just inside the doors in the corner (hope this makes sense !)

Ideal to keep everything out of the car, as once the bikes are in, theres loads of storage space. Couple of fold up garden chairs to use once the bikes are out and its ideal. Well worth it

cheers

John

Thanks for the reply's everyone, sounds like i'm moving in the right direction with this.

I am moving over to a box for all the reasons above really - not having the bikes on show and keeping all the mud outside the car!

The way m looking at this (even if I end up having one made) is that I get the benefits of a van .. that I can keep in a garage.yes its not a cheap option but its a heck of a lot cheaper that running a van!

Hey scraggy i'd really like to see how you've done yours out, just for ideas, why not put some pics on here, i'm sure im not the only one

Thanks all

I used a box trailer for 10years it was great. The brenderup one above was the best but expensive, so I copied one for about a 10 times less. I put a slope on the front as they do drag on the motorway.

Get it fitted out with folding chairs, hooks for clothes, camel back for water. Make sure it fits under the open garage door.

Mine I managed to find off Ebay from a caravan breakers who used excess parts (wheels/axles/hitch etc) to make a 'new' trailer.

Paid the pricely sum of £200!

Fit out was zero, just odds and ends lying around in the garage - now only a spare wheel to source..!

cheers

John

Hi guys I'm looking for a box trailer that I can tow as I'm only 22 I need it below the 750kg weight.. What is the best size trailer so I can fit two bikes in and also the other main reason for wanting a box trailer is so I can get changed in the dry and not get my clean clothes covered in ****!!