Ktm Freeride 350

charlie chitlins

It was an excellent bike to ride, really planted riding up a stream section due to its a little heavier from a trials bike but on the other hand you can throw them around like a trials bike when needed.

The one I rode had been de-restricted which made it better as the restricted ones are a bit flat, the bike was excellent on hillclimbs but does get a little heavy to throw around on rock stem sections but it will go up any rock step if the right rider is on it as from the video above.

The bike was a lot easier to ride compared to an enduro bike and you can ride it like a trials bike too.

A very experienced bike nut and friend has bought one. Ot looks nice and the design has some cool ideas like routing the exhaust under the engine.It seems very narrow. He took it out for first time from Brand new. It stopped without incident but never started again. Now its back being fixed taking some time. I know this is a fairly small industry but Ktm isn't do small. It would annoy me that you don't just get an exchange and not have to wait and have your factory sealed bike opened up by someone who may and no doubt will be vastly less qualified / experienced than the factory.

Apparently it is an Fi problem. Nice bike though.