Mont Mh123 Yoke Question

gazzaecowarrior

Restoration is nearly complete. Just reassembled the yokes after a week of wet and drying and polishing. Was just wondering which way up the top yoke goes. Ive fitted it with the conical nut underneath the yoke with the top stem nut pushing the yoke onto the conical nut. It looks correct but i realise it could go the other way with the yoke facing the other way and the conical nut pushing the yoke onto the headtock and bearing cover. Is the first way right ?

Also I may fit the road gear to this bike as it is all brand new and never used. But why is there a little LED light fitted into the number board part of the front headlight. It has spade conncetions on the back of it. How it is fitted it must be for the benefit of other road users as the rider wouldn't be able to see it when he is on the bike. Confused.

Regards

gareth

The tapered nut goes on first then the yoke then the chrome nut. So the yoke has the small side of the taper uppermost.

Jimbo. Thanks once again for your advice. I had put it on the right way then. Out of interest, what is the distance between the top of your upper yoke and the top of your fork leg excluding the cap ?

Gareth

The fork tube can be level or dropped through say 6-10mm, this will sharpen up the steering as long as the forks dont hit the bottom of the bottom yoke. I run my MH349 with the forks pushed through 6mm but the cota 200 is level (I havent played about with it yet!). The 200 turnes a bit better than the 349 mainly because its shorter as the forks seem to be about the same angle.

Im quite impressed with the 200 Im pushing 18 stone and it will drag me around most sections the little motor is impressive pulling really well for only 175cc, I havent road a TY175 for some time but the cota seems more lively but still has the ability to plod when required.

The fork tube can be level or dropped through say 6-10mm, this will sharpen up the steering as long as the forks dont hit the bottom of the bottom yoke. I run my MH349 with the forks pushed through 6mm but the cota 200 is level (I havent played about with it yet!). The 200 turnes a bit better than the 349 mainly because its shorter as the forks seem to be about the same angle.

Im quite impressed with the 200 Im pushing 18 stone and it will drag me around most sections the little motor is impressive pulling really well for only 175cc, I havent road a TY175 for some time but the cota seems more lively but still has the ability to plod when required.

Thanks for that Jimbo