Powder Coating Frame Glos Area.

martyb

Hi there. Ive just gone through the powder coating phase with my Montesa. Ive had a few frames done in the past and I can safely say you get what you pay for. I used maldon shot blasting in essex on the montesa and they were amazing. I know you live in Glos but they do a postal service. The finish they achieve is incredible as they are automotive powder coaters and not industrial powder coaters who do a sideline in bike frames. I had the platinum finish which includes the blasting, rust reatment, priming, coating, and laquer finsih and it was about £160 including the swing arm. The finish is amazing as I am dead fussy. They even sent me colour swatches in the post so that I could be confident in the colour I wanted. The platinum finsish is gaurenteed for 15 years. I had a total of 16 parts coated and they never lost or damaged one. Give them a try.

Hello gents. I have had other types of bike frames powder coated but never a trials bike. Are you all confident of the durability of powder coating on a trials frame which is by nature susceptible to the odd ding which may crack the powder coating. Just I am thinking of sprucing my old Beta and thought about powder coating or painting. Thanks

Edited by gud2bridin

Hi there. Ive just gone through the powder coating phase with my Montesa. Ive had a few frames done in the past and I can safely say you get what you pay for. I used maldon shot blasting in essex on the montesa and they were amazing. I know you live in Glos but they do a postal service. The finish they achieve is incredible as they are automotive powder coaters and not industrial powder coaters who do a sideline in bike frames. I had the platinum finish which includes the blasting, rust reatment, priming, coating, and laquer finsih and it was about £160 including the swing arm. The finish is amazing as I am dead fussy. They even sent me colour swatches in the post so that I could be confident in the colour I wanted. The platinum finsish is gaurenteed for 15 years. I had a total of 16 parts coated and they never lost or damaged one. Give them a try.

I've used a place near Moreton-In-Marsh (Glos) in the past, they were a little cheaper than that, but it was for a straight forward shotblast and powder coat job in black and white. £160 does sound like a good price for all that work.

IMG_1080.jpg