Montesa 242

j300jtm

I have a montesa 242 I was very lucky to find parts I fit a new baral and piston but now I carnt get it to run the timing is spot on thair is a grate spark and loads of compretion no nasty noises I carnt fathem it if anyone has any ideas please let me know

was it running before the work .have you checked with a compression gage to confirm enough , if ok next check with a strobe light to confirm sparking under compression ,if that ok is carb been cleaned out ok ( is fuel fresh ) or try putting fuel down plug hole and it should go ( is there a wrong way to fit the piston ) as ive seen them fitted in 200,s wrong way but still ran , has all gaskets and manifold sealed ok with no air leaks ,is there any cloths left in anywhere causing a blockage if all fails it could be crank seals

I think it will be crank seals as eveything else is new and I have dubble checked everything else and it ran but not for long as I found a crack in the piston so far I have 550 pounds in the bike so if it costs a copple more quid to sort out the expens wont be spared as I have a few montesas thankyou for you help