Would Cota123 Alloy Tank Fit Mh123 ?

gazzaecowarrior

There is someone on e bay selling a Cota 123 alloy tank and fibreglass seat unit on e bay. Item number 400405789788 and 121061211589. Does anybody have any idea if this will fit my MH123 ? An alloy tank would be so much better than my one piece fibreglass one. How does the alloy tank fit to the frame too ? Is it just bolted on at the front ?

it looks like the type fitted to early 125 200,s but the angle of pic aint good but iam 99 % sure its the same as early 200 as the earlier 123

(247 )shape had side panels as part of the shell ,i havnt seen a tank fitted in its origanal way they are just either loose over frame with cover holding it down but some people have put a piece if sponge over the frame to ,make it a snug fit ,, you will need a cap and poss a tap ,and it would be best to trim the cover down above the shocks to make slimmer

Hi, Yes it would fit fine, The alloy tank is held in place firstly with a strip of rubber wrapped around the frame cross member which holds the tank in possition by friction when tank is pressed down onto it. Secoundly the fibreglass tank shroud/seat unit is bolted through the frame just behind the steering head and secured with rubbers at rear which further restrict the alloy tanks movement.

it looks like the type fitted to early 125 200,s but the angle of pic aint good but iam 99 % sure its the same as early 200 as the earlier 123

(247 )shape had side panels as part of the shell ,i havnt seen a tank fitted in its origanal way they are just either loose over frame with cover holding it down but some people have put a piece if sponge over the frame to ,make it a snug fit ,, you will need a cap and poss a tap ,and it would be best to trim the cover down above the shocks to make slimmer

Thanks for that

Hi, Yes it would fit fine, The alloy tank is held in place firstly with a strip of rubber wrapped around the frame cross member which holds the tank in possition by friction when tank is pressed down onto it. Secoundly the fibreglass tank shroud/seat unit is bolted through the frame just behind the steering head and secured with rubbers at rear which further restrict the alloy tanks movement.

Thanks for that. I think I may invest then.