Hello, Switching From Mx And Gp Style To Trials And Have Questions.....

bonito

Hi there,

I am soon 45, been riding bikes since I was about 6, moved to the Isle of Wight about 2 years ago and would like to get into trials riding.

Here my question:

What is a good bike to have?

Brand, engine size, year?

I have to start of with a used one, I am looking at a budged of about

Edited by bonito

Hi choosing a bike is a personal thing really, if you're looking to spend £1500 you should get a good bike. Its always a bit of a gamble buying used but generally go for a bike that looks like its been looked after. If it looks like it needs lots of little things replacing, like broken levers, worn sprockets, tyres then chances are it probably has'nt had the oil changed regularly either. IMHO

There are some great bikes around 05, 06 for that money,good luck.

FWIW, I don't like Betas, but thats just a personal thing!!!

TLTEL

iv been on a Beta since the TR32...never had an issue..good reliable bike,

you can get a nice used Rev 3 for that price range, and thats a great bike to start on..

hook up with your local Trials club, and ride with others at your skill level.

being an X Mx racer will hurt you more then help.

forget everything youv learned on a MX bike..

• Like 1

iv been on a Beta since the TR32...never had an issue..good reliable bike,

you can get a nice used Rev 3 for that price range, and thats a great bike to start on..

hook up with your local Trials club, and ride with others at your skill level.

being an X Mx racer will hurt you more then help.

forget everything youv learned on a MX bike..

Why will it hurt more?

Why will it hurt more?

All the controls are in the same places, but are used completely differently. Also body positioning may be different as well.

Just take your time, don't expect to ride trials as well as you ride MotoX as soon as you jump on the bike. And above all else, HAVE FUN!!!

try and ride knees out and centered on the bike, light bar grip pressure, take you time, spend a few hours practicing tight figure 8s. cornering,is were everyone gets points..

hook up with your local club, and go to every trials school that you can, do it with an open mind, not with the,,,iv been riding all my life and i already know it additude,

when you start to get the basics down, youll find you will be a better MX big bike rider all around.

most of the basics can can be learned with a dead engine, balance, peg pressure, the way you stand on the pegs, and set your bars ect, will help you more then any video.

im sure your club will have many older ex pro type riders that would be glad to work with you on the basics of Trials.

once you get it going...your in for a fun adventure.. good friends, good times, and 2 wheels..

It's always good to watch that back to basics stuff, it never stops being important

Trials is very humbling to people who have been riding for many years

It's kinda like listening to MP3's all your life and then getting a violin

• Like 1