Super-Moto To Trials

migsy

Hi guys.

Just wanted to say hi to you all. after leaving the race scene for a few years, i decided to get on the wheels again. Just got my self a Gas Gas jtx 270 and was hopeing i could find out where my best bet for parts would be.

cheers..migsy.

I think the Gas Gas Specific parts are still available from GasGasuk.com as they state they stock parts back to 1988!! I would also keep an eye on ebay where these bikes do pop up when being broken. The rest of the parts are pretty generic so a local Trials Shop or such as BVM who are not that far away, or TrialsUK will carry them.

Edited by telecat

Hi Migsy and Bonito (obviously feeling unloved)

As said gasgasuk have most parts still available but you will have to order over the phone. brake parts, seals,bearings etc Ebay or splatshop as these bits are common to most bikes.

Oh and welcome.

TLTEL :beer:

Thanks for the replies lads.

I'm having a bad experiance with the jtx at the moment. My clutch has completley siezed, i put it into first and the bike took off into my garden fence. I also noticed theres a mashed sump bolt on there and there was no airfilter in the airbox. And to top that, my airbox was melted back togeather from the inside. I spent out 40 on a new airbox, 10 on a sump bolt (allen type) 8 quid on a air filter, now i have to strip my clutch.

i give 600 for her, 97 model. it feels like a good buy bad buy at the moment.

£600 seems about right, you rarely pick something up for that price and don't have to do a bit of work on it. Look at it as getting to know it, change the gearbox oil, I use atf in my 95 and my sons 94 and they work fine, and as b40rt says start it in gear and ride it with the clutch in, it will soon free off.

TLTEL

• Like 1

Sorry i aint been on here sooner. I've got the work done, sump bolt is out and new one in. I realised the guy dry stored it but did'nt let me know. just waiting for my trailer and i'm off out for the day. i'll keep you posted :-)

• 3 weeks later...