Dog Turd

jon0881

Hi,

After much searching to find our what a dog turd on a tyre is used for i realise i need to buy some. There are loads on ebay sold in kits and turds alone. Are there any that i should avoid?

Regards

Jon

Hi,

After much searching to find our what a dog turd on a tyre is used for i realise i need to buy some. There are loads on ebay sold in kits and turds alone. Are there any that i should avoid?

Regards

Jon

The Great Dane ones are rather large, only good for bid holes.

Jack Russel Terrier ones are pretty small so probably only good for little kids bikes................. :hyper:

I would go under the assumption that as long as they have an adequate amount of glue on them any brand should work. I have bought some ultra cheap ones, I put one on a road bike I had just so the rear tire would hold air and I could move it around easier until I bought a new tire. Held air pretty good for quite some time.

• Like 3

Jon,

I hope your search for a dog turd, or several of them, is a successful one! :icon_salut: I normally only have to walk around in the fenced part of my yard to find a wide variety of specimens that my Blue Heeler has deposited for my joy & delight. I can also find more on the bottoms of my boots & shoes, when I'm really lucky.....

Actually, this is kind of a timely subject. I need some for tire repair as well. Zippy, or anyone else who knows, where's the best places to get them here in the States? A tire shop, maybe? I bought a kit for repairing quad tires (from a local tire shop) that I carry in my pack. It has a few small rubber strips, a screwdriver-like tool to poke them in the puncture hole, some cylinders of compressed air, and the tool for cylinders to fit a valve stem. No glue, and nothing that will deal with larger rips, sidewall tears, or bigger holes is in this kit, however, and I've thought it might be good to get some.....

Jimmie

Hi,

Regards

Jon

Jon, as a former minder I have fixed many punctures of varying sizes and shapes. I found the Camel 15-280 inserts to be the best, most flexible, stickiest and most reliable.

http://www.amazon.co...r/dp/B000CIOMDQ

good luck, Martin

Edited by martin belair

I think I bought my turds from a discount tool store or it was the "bargain bin" at the local hardware store.

I am a bit of a cheap consumer and thought I would just have some "just in case" I needed to finish an event or something.

I have been extremely lucky and not had any punctures on my tubeless rear tires on the trials bike. That is probably the extent of my "Extreme Sports" experience.