Mull 2 Day, 9/10 July.

boofont

I've rang the sec and got two campsites from her, can anyone say which is the best one? There's one at Fidden Farm, Finnophort, the other is Sheiling Holidays, Craignure. Where is the trial being held and which is closest?

Inverness lot seem all seem to be heading for Craignure. BBQ's and beer going too! :hyper: Winding up for what looks like a good weekend. Better get in soon though.

Finnophort is, I suppose another good option because the trial is held between Craignure and Fionnphort.

DanGleebitz

Oh yes! Never one to miss out on a social occasion (and a trial - yawn) :D. The boys are riding.

Just checked ferry prices - yikes! Going to cost

Edited by DanGleebitz

I've been checking ferry prices, it seems cheaper and easier (for me anyway) to go across on the Corran ferry then drop south to pick up the ferry at Lochaline.

Is the ferry company offering any kind of discount to riders?

Could anyone tell me roughly how hard the mull 2 day will be, it sounds like a very good weekend, but would it be suitable for someone like me who usually comes in the bottom 10 in experts trials and top 10 in clubmans trials ?

Haven't been to this trial but I've entered this year on the advice of my mate who rode last year. It's a clubman two day, and he reckons it's very steady. He lost around 30 odd for two days and he's a Veteran but capable and exactly my standard if you know who I am!!

Cheers for that, you dont also know what the difference is between the novice class and the non expert class is? Also someone keeps telling me that only the youths and over 40's can ride modern bikes, like in the blue bar trial?

The SACU have 3 classes of Adult, Novice, Non-Expert and Expert. A Non-Expert is someone who has won on the B (easy) route at a SACU National I think.

The emphasis of the weekend is fun, its put forward as much a social event as a trial.

All classes are catered for, as far as I recall on the regs the experts ride on a no award basis.

I am pretty sure that you can ride whatever bike you want in your class, give Doreen a ring to confirm that, her tel. no is in the TMX regs column.

The camp site at Craignure is just down the road from the ferry, they have erected 'Shielings' that you can hire, like large family tents with rooms.

See their web site http://www.shielingholidays.co.uk/

There is a pub very close by.

The cheapest way is to go over the Corran Ferry (8 miles before Fort William, 5 min crossing), then down to Lochaline where the ferry takes you to Fishnish on Mull (abt 20 min crossing)

Details, prices etc. from the Calmac web site, here http://www.calmac.co.uk/summer-mull-timetable.html

No need to book either of these ferries, you just turn up. Its not far from Fishnish to Craignure, Mull's not that big a place

Edited by craig10