240 Spindle Question

monty-python

Hi all. i have a 240 fantic mid strip down and was wondering if anyone knows if the frame, where the swingarm spindle passes through, is threaded. Or is the spindle simply seized solid, as it will not budge (not even with heat, wd40 soaking etc.) The reason i ask is that the spindle nut seems very narrow.

Does anyone out there know before i get the irish screwdriver (large hammer) out........again!!

cheers

Edited by monty-python

Honda rs, the spindle is rebated into the frame on the right hand side, (as you look from above) and is an allen key fitment, and therefore there is no room to get the stilsons on, or do you mean that i should put the stilsons on the threaded end of the spindle. If i did this it will damage the frame threads. I have already snapped two (quality) allen keys (admittedly on the end of a pipe), trying to get this out. The engine is out already. I have only been using a gas burner to heat it up, so will try again with my mates oxy-acetelene.

Thanks for the replies guys.-Mexican speed spanner... Ill have to remember that one!!!!. any others??

:lol: I'm glad I looked at this post , as I am about to take my spare frame apart to see how it goes together before I start on my keeper bike!

I may have a spare swingarm shaft if both of mine are in good shape...

Glenn 83 240 pro

:D