97 Techno 250 Oily Piston

barry32

Pistons are dirty

Ideal jetting results in carbon being formed in the centre of the crown and clean aluminum at the edges

No carbon means low combustion temps

Anyway, what you have is not an indicator of problems

• Like 1

+1 to 0007's response.

The condition you describe would be similar if you left the bike with the choke running from cold for too long.

If your worried, take the bike for a healthy run and then check again. Make sure you put the motor under some load.

Dom

• Like 1

This is equivalent to: I rode my bike on Sunday parked it in the garage and I noticed Monday it had dirt on the tyres!

The bigger questions why you pulled the head off just because you let the fuel tap on?

Edited by billyt

Barry

You wrote; "Hi there bike been running well but left petrol tap on and fouled the plug so cleaned plug and checked piston crown and it has a layer of dirty oil . piston has no lateral play eny ideas"

What is there in your post that suggest or hints to you took the exhaust off to reseal it? I was not the only one that was confused by your post.

You stated: I left the petrol on. It fouled the plug, Cleaned the plug, checked the piston crown it has a layer of dirty oil on it. No side play on the piston. These are all statements. We are well aware that carbon deposits form on the piston crown so what was the question, what was it you wanted ideas on?

What did you expect to find on top of the piston crown, custard?

Please educate us on how you could possible determine there was no lateral side play on the piston by checking through the exhaust port?

Was your post a question or a statement of dirty oil on the piston crown?

We dont read minds........ Glasweigians do other things with there head like given Glesga kisses :beer:

Edited by billyt

Billy T,

Hi there, girlfriend been running, well, but left petrol tap on and fouled the plug. So cleaned plug and checked piston crown and it has a layer of custard . Piston has no verticle play, eny ideas? :stoned:

• Like 1

Yes, pop down to CVS (A Chemist in the USA) and get some Vagisal. Could be a yeast infection.

At least your exhaust port is okay?

Do not let the piston get close to the exhaust port until you have blown out out the exhaust port.

Lets us know how you make out (no pun intended).

Edited by billyt
  • Like 1

Billy the weegie seems I got it all wrong and now am left with egg on my face see I thought you where being a smart a*** with your reply to my stupid question but terns out you where just being honest and helpful thank I will look for custard next time cheers theres a bottle of buckfest in the post

Seems Barry is a stand up block....... :icon_salut:

Welcome to the club.............. Us sold farts will help when ever we can if we understand the question, problem.

Buckfast.......... stick that up yer bum. Send me a bottle of Irn-Bru............ LOL :hyper:

Cheers