Experience With 2002 Pro Upgrades?

seavoyage

Jim Snell and Adrian Lewis informed me that my daughter's 2002 Pro 200 was a model released for only 1 year with the Pro engine without the current clutch pack and slave cylinder; and with aluminium engine cases (not magnesium). The 2002 uses a number of TXT (AKA Edition) parts such as the air box. We've upgraded to the 2006 clutch.

Since this bike has a California Green Sticker (allows us to ride all-year around) and uses the 2002 frame with a steeper rake; We've decided to keep it, and just upgrade with the S3 225cc kit, S3 High-compression head, S3 flywheel weight. Future planned mods may include the Keihin PWK28 and a S3 Long pipe,

I've heard that the air box may be upgraded to the 2003-2007 design; but this may be for the 280, and 300 and not the 200. Can anyone verify?

Can the (38mm ?) steel front fork tubes be replaced with aluminium tubes?

What is a recommended jetting (@ Sealevel) for the 225cc kit?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Edited by seavoyage

I rebuilt Mandi`s old 200 pro engine about a year and a half ago. Had to replace the shift drum as it broke into pieces. The old spark arrestor that Adrian had made was completely plugged up. I had an old txt muffler (brand new) that bolted right on with no clearance issues. So I would say the early 200 was a strange mixture of parts.

I rebuilt Mandi`s old 200 pro engine about a year and a half ago. Had to replace the shift drum as it broke into pieces. The old spark arrestor that Adrian had made was completely plugged up. I had an old txt muffler (brand new) that bolted right on with no clearance issues. So I would say the early 200 was a strange mixture of parts.

I'm quite sure this bike wasn't Mandi's. It was originally sold byJason Steensma/ Moto Meccanica, I purchased it for my daughter last year from the 2nd owner who had it for a year.

A great bike to learn on! Unfortunately the 200 wasn't offered after 2006. I was considering a newer model, but odds are I won't be able to get a California Green Sticker to ride all year round for a 2-stroke manufactured after 2002; so... an upgrade seemed like the wisest option.

I've sorted out the 2002 clutch issues, and the crankshaft bearings should be OK. Next phase is the 225cc kit followed by a suspension upgrade.

Any advice on a suspension upgrade from the GasGas 38mm forks (The aren't marked as Paioli, but seem similar to the 40mm Marzocchi); and the Sachs rear shock (rebound adjustable only)?

Edited by seavoyage

I already know it is not Mandi`s old bike. I was referring to that model was pieced together with odd parts. Mandi`s old bike was recently changed to all red and they used TXT 50 parts to match it up. The TXT 50(TXT80) had a very similar frame as the pro.

I already know it is not Mandi`s old bike. I was referring to that model was pieced together with odd parts. Mandi`s old bike was recently changed to all red and they used TXT 50 parts to match it up. The TXT 50(TXT80) had a very similar frame as the pro.

That's an interesting piece of information on the TXT80 parts. I'll follow up with Adrian on the parts they used: probably the red plastic bits.

Any advice on suspension upgrades.?