New Project 198A

bondy

hello all just bought another bultaco shes a 198A only had 2 owners am the 3thd think its a 1979 modal not sure untill the log book comes back. anyway my question what is the size off the swing arm spindel? i only plan on tarting this bike as it original untouched a old guy had it since 1983 then he sold it to the guy i bought it off. hear is the bike hope you like i will post more photos when ive freshend her up.

• Like 1

im having the frame sandblasted but to keep the cost down im going to spray it myself already done the side panals new decals on order the motor runs sweat has a nut so nothing to do there. it as been chopped at the rear common mod back in the day but its had a bar welded curved under the seat to give exra strenth. think the rear shocks have had it may buy new ones somtime. dont think its had a hard life just needs some TLC cheers bondy will update as i go.

• 4 weeks later...

hi all just an update on my 198A just got the frame back from the sandblasters ive just put the new bushes in next step is painting.

Edited by bondy
  • Like 2

cheers mate i had a idea it was but wasnt sure. the swing arm has been painted the frame is next i need more paint so ill have order some. im hoping to have it all back together in a few weeks depends on the rear wheel its been sent off to be relined and rebuilt. mean while ill rebuild the rest could probley have it done in a day but ill take my time why ill waiting for the wheel.

hi guys just updating you on my build. just got the frame and swing arm back from the sandblasters so ive put new bushes in the swing arm and painted the swing arm and frame and other bits just another coupel of coats on the frame then i can start puting it back together :D

• Like 2

hi thanks guys. im not sure what ill be doing yet as its still TAXED and MOTED im going in for my bike test in summer so may have it on the road just got the log book back in my name. i use my 199B for trials. just put a new base gasket on the barrol so once the frames been finished sometime this week wont take me long to put it back together ill keep you updated as i go :thumbup: :thumbup: