Complete And Utter Noobie

wizzbang

Hi all.....Not only am I new to the forum, I'm new to trials too.

I've been riding for a good few years and have always had sportsbikes, but I think my tastes are changing and I really fancy having a go at a more technical discipline, although I still have my trackbike for high speed rushes.

I'm going through the process of trying to find the best bike within my budget (looking at Sherco 2.5 on advice from a mate)

Based right on the south coast in Portsmouth

Anyway........Hi

Welcome to the forum mate, what road bike have you got?

And what's your budget? Have you had a look at the Gas Gas and Betas as an alternative to the Sherco? My advice would be not to worry too much about which brand, just go for the best one you can find for your cash!

Good luck with your search!

I've got a 2004 Honda CBR600RR thats been highly modified for track use and it's bloody awesome :)

The reason I'm looking at a Sherco is down to a friend who has one, we will trial together and therefore can pool spares etc

Budget is sub £1000, the more sub the better

Well, I went and did it today.....Didn't really find what I was after within my budget, so broadened my scope and gave the budget a tweak.

The result

IMG_1804_zps8c129da1.jpg

'03 Scorpa 250 SY

Looks well looked after clean enough for me to start on.

Looks tidy. and well cared for.

Scorpas are good bikes, have seen a few riders enjoy themselves immensely on them.

I can't tell if yours is fitted with this item or not.

You may want to check into getting a "flat" skid plate for it. Some model years had an angled skid plate that when you sat on the plate on a log it would pitch you to the side. very inconvenient if you desire to keep the feet on the pegs.