One Of Them Days

kinky boots

And so it went...

...found out about change of venue 10 mins before departure. Bundled myself and Mrs Boots into the car and made off. Got stuck at the temporary lights in Harrogate. Eventually got through the 'beautiful, historic town' (read - place where all the old folk go when the sun shines...cluttering up the roads with their 25 year old Austin Metros which are still as shiny as new cos they only come out on Bank holidays), legged it up to the venue and arrived ten minutes late. Mrs Boots was attending to be an observer, but due to late arrivale, all sections have observers, and thus she is unemployed and spectating all day...when she could have stayed in bed.

Got changed, zipped down to sign on. On sliding to a halt, bike packed in and wouldn't start again. Managed to get it going after much flapping of the left leg (Beta - left hooker!). So I'm knackered before I start. Signed on and zoomed to section 1. At the back of a huge queue - but eventually battled through 1 and 2 OK. Halfway through 3, bike packs up again. Suspect dodgy plug (well, it IS 3 years old, so I shouldn't be too surprised) - back to car for spanners, back to bike. Plug out and clean, back in. Bike starts, run for a few seconds and conks again. Fortunately, a very kind young fella went back to his car and got me a new plug...yes, I know - should have had my own...I forgot OK! Fitted new plug, and all was well apart from the fact I was at least a lap, and in some cases 2, behind the pack. Rode most sections without even a cursory glance, thus picking up marks galore. Fork seals have been threatiening to give up the ghost, and they chose this particular time to begin spewing oil at an alarming rate.

Rest of the trial went OK apart from the rushed and frustrated riding style until I found the ONLY wet bit of ground on an otherwise bone dry venue -and by wet I mean crankcase deep bog...hit it at about 30mph en route between sections, decorating myself and the bike in brownness...

...got my results in the post this morning, and I was languishing in the relegation zone...I WISH I'D STAYED IN BED.

Anyone else have days like this, or is it just me?

yea but it was my fault for entering. rode firts time up a route and it was a national. nearly killed me and the bike. one point i was wondering why i do it. i was pleased to get from one end of the section to the other. enjoyed it in a way but i'll be right down at the end of the results.

. . . um, is there any possibility that you might have stayed in bed bit too often in the past? . . . what with the 3 year old plug, fork seals about to go . . . :lol:

It does seem like getting up to go to an event was tempting fate!?

. . . um, is there any possibility that you might have stayed in bed bit too often in the past?  . . . what with the 3 year old plug, fork seals about to go . . .  :lol:

Fair point - my own fault I guess. I've not devoted the time I should to keeping the bike in trim...a little bit of love every now and then would have saved me all this hassle.

Well, its certainly served as a kick up the proverbials...I'm respraying the scuffed and scratched levers, planning to repack the exhaust, new pads front and rear, fork seals to be replaced, new wheel bearings front and rear....she'll be like new when I've finished.

Moral of the story - it was the bikes fault - not mine!!!!

:D