White Paste Coming From The Gearbox Breather Gasgas Pro 125

shercoben12

Hi all,

Finnished a great trial on Saturday ran by edmcc(thanks everyone).

After got home washed bike and rode it round the field to "dry it off". And was revving it up while slipping the clutch in 3rd and all was fine. Got it back in the shed and noticed a white paste dribbling from the breather behind the flywheel cover(my breather does not have a pipe on it so it sometimes pushes out a drop of oil at a very steep angle to the left) but when the bike was level against the wall it was dribbling out a white paste for about a minute(not gushing out but a very little flow)

Dident happen today when I was on it. Am I right in saying that is the gear oil frothing up from me slipping the clutch at higher revs that made it push some out?

Not to bothered really just entriqued to know what it was.

Thanks

Ben

• 3 weeks later...

Don't just change the oil, flush the gearbox several times by filling with new oil, warming up the engine then draining it. The white stuff is water /oil emulsion and if you park the bike for a few days some of the water will settle out and could ruin your gearbox bearings etc.

Cheers