Just Saying Hi

vr6yan

Just saying hello. Just bought my first trials bike as got the bug after having a few goes on some mates bikes. Ended up getting a Bultaco Sherco bike but i am looking for a bit of advice as im not 100% on the age of the bike, is there a way of telling the age off the vin number on the frame or is it down to doing a bit more research? Any info would be great if you could help. Hoping to get out on the bike this weekend to see how i get on finally on my own bike :D

Cheers Ian

• Like 1

Hi Ian. Place a post in the bultaco forum on here. Plenty of lads know their stuff, in particular I believe big john is a big bultaco fan. Someone will soon help.

Don't think BJ is involved with the sherco side to the same extent, I think they could only use the Bultaco name for 1 year so should be fairly easy to date.

I believe (I may and have been wrong before) that Sherco used the Bultaco name for just 1999 but had the thumbs up logo for a couple years after that. The 1999 model was a 2.5 (250cc) and had red plastics, the 2000 model brought out the 2.9 (272cc) with grey and blue plastic. 1999 and 2000 both had the "canister" type muffler, in either 2001 or 2002 sherco started using the "tucked up away curved" muffler.

but this is all by memory so may be off a year or two on a couple of these

I see, mines got 2.5 on the engine and sherco on the frame and blue plastics but thats not to say the plastics have been changed. I will be over where im storing the bike tomorrow night so will take some pics and post them up then :D

• 3 weeks later...