Wheels To Fit Ty250 Mono. Are There Others Out There?

gb rob

I dunno, something like a dt400 or dt of any sort (drum obviously). Im struggling getting a rear wheel and although ive got a Talon rear hub I cant justify the prices they want for a rim and spokes. Its getting a bit frustrating because the bikes good to go apart from the rear wheel.

Any help would be appreciated. Cheers.

I would imagine with some mods to the swing arm locating lug you should be able to get something of a similar period to fit, although you will

have the same corrosion issues as the standard TY wheel, so may cost the same at the end of the day.

Second hand swinging arms are cheap enough so you could do some experimenting.

How much are you being quoted for a wheel build on your talon hub, you should be able to get a rim and spokes for £150 + £70 for the build.

If you had an original TY hub it would cost more as the Z spokes are more expensive than traditional spokes.

Cheers gents. The swinging arm I have has a slot for for a lug, not the arm so this is why I was thinking late 70's DT as they mostly have to. I was quoted a bit less on the wheel build Dougal but yeah, near enough. As the bike only cost me a few hundred quid im looking for the cheap option (keep wife happy as I already spend enough on my other bikes :) ). Cheers Tony, i'll look into it. I actually had one of them bikes years ago.